Valley
Views
Fort
Qu'Appelle
Indian
Head
Lebret Lumsden Qu'Appelle Other
Communities




Sioux reserve, Fort Qu'Appelle, Sask.

"Town in the Qu'Appelle valley northeast of Regina on [highways] #10, #25, #56 and #210. The Post Office here (from 1880) was originally simply QU'APPELLE, but was changed to FORT QU'APPELLE in 1991.

The current site is Saskatchewan's third Fort Qu'Appelle. The first was an XY Company post 1801-05 on the river near the Manitoba border. The Hudson's Bay Company first used the name for a post north of Whitewood 1813-19. The current site was an Hudson's Bay Company post 1852-54 and 1864-1911."

-from People Places Courtesy of Bill Barry