Valley
Views
Fort
Qu'Appelle
Indian
Head
Lebret Lumsden Qu'Appelle Other
Communities




Birds eye view, Lumsden, Sask.

"Town (Post Office 1892- ) in the Qu'Appelle valley northwest of Regina, headquarters of the RM of LUMSDEN No. 189.

After Hugh D. Lumdsen, supervising engineer of the Qu'Appelle Long Lake and Saskatchewan Railway. He later served the Grand Trunk Pacific. The station often appeared as REYNOLDTON (Post Office 1890-96) on early maps, up to Mortimer's of 1903. The Qu'Appelle Long Lake and Saskatchewan Railway had originally planned its station 1½ miles east on land owned by James Wesley Reynolds, but his asking price was too high and the railway moved its station to the present site. According to the Canadian National Railway's List, the locale was known as HAPPY HOLLOW prior to the coming of the railway."

-from People Places courtesy of Bill Barry