Saskatchewan Resources for Sexual Diversity
Credits & Copyright
Access to the images and texts on this site and the technical capacity to download them does not imply permission for re-use.
All materials presented on this site are available for scholarly and personal research purposes only.
Content has been gathered from several public and private sources, and the researcher is responsible for obtaining any required permissions for
reproduction or re-use from the copyright owner. Each image or text specifies the owner of copyright for the material. A list of individuals or
institutions who have allowed us to use their materials and their contact information appears below.
In the event that we were unable to trace ownership and/or copyright, we have indicated as such. We would be interested in hearing from anyone
who has information about these pieces: please email email@example.com
Many thanks to the participating libraries and archives who have contributed materials to this site:
- Project Coordinator, Web Design and Coding,
2004-2006: Janet Catterall, University of Saskatchewan Special Collections Librarian
2006: Craig Harkema, University of Saskatchewan Special Collections Librarian
- Content Advisors: Neil Richards (biography) and Donna Canevari
- Web Design, Coding & Content Preparation,
2004: Craig Harkema
2006: Luke Sather of Arundel Designs
2012: Joel Salt
- Saskatchewan Archives Board
- University of Regina Library Archives & Special Collections
- University of Saskatchewan Archives
- University of Saskatchewan Library, Special Collections
Thanks also to the following people and organizations who kindly gave us permission to use their materials on our site:
- Avenue Community Centre for Gender and Sexual Diversity for, Celebrating a History of Diversity: Lesbian and Gay Life
in Saskatchewan 1971 - 2005 (print) by Neil Richards, 2005.
- Dacian Productions David Geiss and Jarrett Rusnak for the Doug Wilson film vignette from 100 Saskatchewan Stories.
- Duncan Campbell for Regina Pride promotional materials, 2000, portraits of Gens Hellquist, Neil Richards, and Perceptions cover images.
- Hans Dommasch for portrait of Don McNamee.
- Mark Erikson for Metamorphosis. Saskatoon. Oct. 5-8, 1979 poster.
- Darryl Friesen for programming work on Perceptions: the First Twenty-Two Years, 1983-2004: an
Index to the Canadian Gay & Lesbian Newsmagazine, and on the search engine for the site.
- Wes Funk for Rock and Roll Saved my Life and Fat Boy
- David Geiss for Queen City.
- Jim Graham for Saskatoon G/L heritage photos.
- Gens Hellquist for Adventures of a Prairie Fag. Parts 1-4 and Perceptions: Two Decades of Publishing.
- Debra Marshall for drag photos. http://www.debramarshall.ca
- David L. McIntyre Prairie Pride Chorus and Canadian Broadcasting Corporation for “Small Town” from Watershed Stories. This music
CD was recorded at CBC Studio One, Regina by recording producer Shauna Powers and recording engineer Chris Haynes.
- Shawn Mooney for The Love I Almost Missed and Fruitcake of the Year.
- Estate of Peter McGehee/Fiji Robinson for songs by The Fabulous Sirs, "Big Dyke", "Boy to Boy". For information email
- Perceptions Publications for front cover images from Perceptions. firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Denise Needham for Letters to Lee
- Neil Richards for Saskatoon G/L heritage photos.
- Neil Richards for Celebrating a History of Diversity: Lesbian and Gay Life in Saskatchewan, 1971 - 2006 (online),
- Fiji Robinson for Sisters With A Difference.
- Evelyn Rogers and Sensible Shoes News for “Reflections on `The
Good Old Days'”.
- Saskatchewan Diversity Network, for images from Saskatoon Pride Week Celebration 2003. http://www.saskatoonpride.ca; email@example.com.
- Luke Sather for design, layout, and mounting of Celebrating a History of Diversity: Lesbian and Gay Life in Saskatchewan,
1971 - 2006 (online) by Neil Richards, 2005-2006.
- Alex Spence for GAY CANADA: a Bibliography and Videography, 1984 - 2008; Compiled by Alex Spence, 2009.
- Alex Spence for Perceptions: the First Twenty-Two Years, 1983-2004: an Index to the Canadian
Gay & Lesbian Newsmagazine, 2005.
- Jeff Straker for "Tykie's Comin Out."
- Lionel Trudel for portrait of Peter Millard.
- Tania Wolk for Regina Pride promotional materials, 2000.
- Norman Zepp and the University of Saskatchewan Archives for excerpts from Peter Millard’s “Or
Words to That Effect”.
Finally, thanks to the following people for inspiration, guidance, and support:
- Solomon Asfada
- Cheryl Avery
- Janice Brum
- Canadian Lesbian and Gay Archives
- Nadine Charabin
- Rita Chillak
- Nicholas Fraser
- Darryl Friesen
- MaryLynn Gagne
- Patrick Hayes
- Edna Jen-Warrington
- Alan V. Miller
- Donald W. McLeod
- Pat Moore
- Denis Nokony
- Luke Sather
- Mark Vajcner
- Gail van Varseveld